The Surf Fisha 470 is the kayak in our range designed for the best wave riding and surf-ability hence the name the Surf Fisha. Based on our old BFS kayak the latest upgrade was aimed at improving the overall design and build of the kayak. We took the time to evaluate the needs of an excellent wave riding kayak and built what we deem to be the best all round wave and surf riding kayak,without losing too much performance on the fishing and paddling side.
The Surf Fisha 470 incorporates the latest hi-tech materials with a construction very similar to our Pro Fisha range. The kayak is built using specialized core materials and epoxy based resin systems. The process of resin infusion is used to keep the build consistent not only in quality but also in finished weight. The focus on this kayak was also to give it maximum stability within its design so the position on the widest point of the kayak and the depth of the seat and foot wells make it very comfortable with loads of stability.
Please note: Due to the nature of customizing a kayak, The weight of these kayaks are a guideline and will vary according to different factors.
Each kayak weight is based on a standard plain white construction with stock standard fittings. All add-ons and extras will effect the weight accordingly.
Standard features of the Surf fisha 470:
- Front and rear carry handles– these are molded carry handles for easy carrying of your kayak.
- 2 drain holes – one for the fish hatch and one for the kayaks hull, these bungs are a simple screw in type and easy to open and close.
- Paddle rubber and elastic – a protective mat is used here to prevent the slipping around of your paddle when it is secured under the paddle elastic.The paddle elastic is shock cord with a clear tubing to keep your paddle secure on the mat. The mat also reduces the amount of scratching when slipping your paddle in and out of the elastic.
- Stickers are used to give you a superior look and feel on the branding of the kayak.
- Fiberglass fish hatch lid – the lid is made from std fiberglass construction.This lid also gives you easy access to a large central fish hatch. There is a protective pad on the hatch lid which can be used for cutting your bait or as a simple work area.
- Central fish hatch – this is a very large central storage area used for stowing your rods and reels when launching and beaching in rough waters and of course as well as excellent storage for those big fish you catch.the hatch has a built in rod shoot which curves upwards so that when your rods are stored they can be kept above the fish and anything else you have in the hatch. View a video about it here.
- Live bait well – this a new addition to our kayaks. There is an inlet and outlet in the bait well which allows fresh water to enter and old water to exit out the bottom of the kayak while you are paddling. This continuously change in water keeps the oxygen supply fresh and therefore your bait will stay alive for long period of time. View a video about it here.
- Shock cord rod rack system – Easy to use stretchy shock cord system allows you to place the butt of your rod under it to keep the rods up and out the way of anything inside the hatch. Reducing the chances of your prize rods and reels getting covered in fish slime and blood.
- Splash cover– this is used to secure your hatch lid to the kayak but also acting as a prevention for the waves forcing water under the lid when launching through the surf.
- Hatch lever locks – these superior lever lock cam straps allow you to apply maximum pressure to your fish hatch lid when securing it closed.The fold over cam creates that extra pressure to make sure the least amount of water can get into your hatch if you accidentally roll over in your kayak.
- Front drag/carry handle – Carefully positioned soft molded handle for easy dragging or holding of your kayak when going in too launch.
- Completely adjustable rudder and pedal system – this adj pedal system is connected to a rudder with a rail system that can be easily adjusted to make sure you have maximum comfort when sitting in the kayak.Correctly positioned pedals can make a huge difference in the comfort of your kayak.The pedal system makes the kayak easy to steer using the under stern rudder.The rope clamps on the pedals also allow you to set your pedals at the best desired angle to keep them comfortable.
- Self drainer holes – factory installed drain holes in your foot wells to allow easy release of the water that collects in and around your feet .There are neat covers with small hole that completes the ability of the foot wells to drain while paddling and moving forward.
- Plastic cable caps – neat little cable caps to cover the cable piping on your rudder system.These neaten up and make the access to the cable pipe easy in case the need ever arises to work on the rudder cables.
- Side carry handle – soft molded carry handle to assist with the carrying, loading and unloading of your kayak.
- Back rest loop – small loop used for attaching your back rest or seat system to the kayak ,on the opposite side the handle can be used.
- Trawling rod holders – 2 std 50 degree trawling rod holders used for placing your rods into while you want to paddle around and fish.The careful position and angle makes it simple to access and use while you paddle and manage your lines and bait.There are 2 easily accessible plastic saddles next to the rod holders used for rod leashes to secure your fishing rods. View a video about this here.
- 90 degree rod holders – View a video about this here.
- Large rear storage hatch- Rear hatch which has an 8 inch lid that can be easily opened and closed for simple access to the storage hatch.Plenty of space to store you extra tackle, lures, safety equipment and more.
- Small recess and rear webbing for extra storage of any larger items you would like to take with. Can also be used for positioning and holding your bait box or live bait system.
- Rudder cover – easy access from this cover to your rudder and rudder system.
- Fiberglass rudder – neat designed small rudder that gives the kayak excellent turning and maneuverability. A very strong 10 mm stainless steel shaft is used for the rudder and if ever bent can be simply bent back into position without compromising the strength or integrity of the rudder.
Best Feature: Surf Ability & Stability
Conditions: Freshwater and Open Ocean
Max Angler Weight: 130kg
Surf Ability: 10/10